The Nominees Speak On The Headies 2011


A total of 58 nominees have been featured in the 2011 edition of The Headies; while some like artistes Tiwa Savage, Samklef, Kas and oLamide are up for nomination for the first time, others like Ice Prince, 2face Idibia, Dr. SID, have received over 5 nominations.

The awards which will hold this weekend, Saturday, October 22, 2011 has raised a lot of anticipation, not only from fans and music pundits but also from the artistes who are up for nomination. We all have our fingers crossed.

This is what they had to say…

People keep saying the kind of music I do, it may be hard to ‘blow’ in this space but as we can see I am getting quite a bit of recognition and that’s really awesome- Bez

On the song that got me that nomination, I think personally the wordplay and metaphors was super phenomenal and very Nigerian. So I think I have a shot. Yes, I have a shot- Vector

I’m already a winner, just to be nominated. It’s nice to be nominated, it will even be nicer if I win it, but I am just grateful - Femi Adeyinka

It’s an honour, it’s always humbling, to be set aside by your peers to be recognised for your hard workEssence

Whoever wins, I think we all have worked hard and we all deserve much more to come, so I’m just happy for myself and everyone - Tiwa Savage

I feel great because I think I worked really hard this time and it’s one thing when you are working hard and nobody says well doneWaje

I classify the Headies as the best awards in Nigeria, I will call it our own kind of Grammy and I think this year is a difficult year thoughTimi Dakolo

I think I am honoured, very happy because that actually shows that are some people sitting down somewhere watching what we are doingJahbless

I mean if Hip Hop World Awards could give everybody awards, then they would. So the fact that we are all nominated shows that we are winners alreadyGoldie

It’s head-swelling, the way I feel right now in my head. But I gotta appreciate it; the Headies has come a long way. You know, I hope I win one. I would love to win all but you know no be only me be Superman for the area! But it’s a good thing, everybody come out and have fun2face

I think nominating me alone, means people appreciate my work and that is one thing I have always wanted in life. I really want to get across to the youth so for me being appreciated with legends, with my mentors, these I are the guys I want to be like and now I am being nominated alongside them. If I win it, glory be to God; if I don’t, I will work harder to win the next onePatrick Ellis

I am not sure what the Headies are based on; if it is for creativity, being unique or being classic, then maybe we should be getting that award - Gini

It would be a miracle, I would definitely plank on stage if I win ‘Recording of the year’ but I am hopingEva Ezi

So many artistes have come and have gone but Ruggedman is still here and he is not just here, he is still getting nominated for awardsRuggedman

I can say this without a shadow of doubt that the Headies is the award of awards, after the awards then the rest followTerry Tha Rapman

I felt good that I was nominated for Best Conscious Music, it shows that they also award people that make out time to write about issues like thisOmawumi

For me, the Headies is one platform that everybody wants to be associated with. It feels good, I’m happy to be hereJaywon

I feel very happy and very privileged to be one of the nominees for the Headies and it makes me feel like I am trying to impart to the industry and not just be thereJSleek

I’m gonna say this; Hip Hop World Awards is noni, because Hip Hop World Awards in on pointSamklef

So it’s a great feeling that you just wrote something in your room and suddenly people are hearing it and they like it and you are being nominatedEgo

Any artiste that has been nominated before or has won a Headie, knows that they are part of the eliteReminisce

I think the Headies are a bit too heavy but it’s good because if you come to my house without being invited, I smash you over the head with a HeadieModenine

I look forward to being a part of every year and I am kinda proud that I am still part of it this year2shotz

I actually did not think I was going to get any nomination this year but I am very excited. I am looking forward to having a pretty Headie in my house; I don’t have one yet and I hope I get one this yearMo’Cheddah

I am actually proud to be a nominee this year, last year I was a spectator, new on the scene, this year I’m up for the Hip Hop Revelation AwardLynxx

It is a great feeling because I have actually released 4 singles so at least someone out there still recognizes me to give me this nominationD’Prince

I believe in the Hip Hop Awards. I feel very good and happy because I wouldn’t lie to you, I have not won any award before but I am always a winner anywayDurella

It is a good thing to not only be appreciated by your fans but by the industry as well so Hip Hop World Awards is a big dealWizKid

It is every artiste’s dream to be appreciated for the work you put out thereDr. Sid

Everybody knows that the story of MI begins with Best Rap Single ‘Crowd Mentality’ in 2008 so I am forever grateful to the organizationM.I

No comments:

Post a Comment