‘Yes I’m Leaving Beat FM’ – Oreka Confirms

It started with a set of Tweets but Nigerian Entertainment Today (NET) can now confirm that popular on-air personality, Oreka Godis also known as Rhecks will be leaving the Lagos urban radio station THE BEAT 99FM where she has worked for two years and seven months. On Sunday, October 16, 2011, the OAP had taken to Twitter to hint her followers of her future departure; ‘#ThatAwkwardMoment when you try to figure out how to let your listeners know you’ve come to the end of the road’, @Rhecks tweeted.

In an exclusive chat with our reporters, Oreka confirmed to us that she tended her letter of resignation to the company on Friday, October 14, 2011 and will stop work at the radio station at the end of October 2011. ‘I’ve been thinking of leaving The BEAT for a while now, but I have had reasons to stay; you know I have a good relationship with my colleagues Tolu (Toolz), Gbemi. Bukky and Tintin of Classic FM are also good friends’, Rhecks told NET in a telephone conversation.

According to Oreka, her reasons for leaving the radio station are ‘personal’. And when we asked if it had anything to do with the recent altercation between radio host Olisa Adibua and a junior staff she said ‘No, I’m just leaving for reasons best known to me. For me, I have a lot of things I still want to do, I would love to go into documentary or even TV production. I’ve enjoyed the last two years on radio, the love, tweets and care from people’. Oreka moved from the UK to Nigeria to pick up the job of a radio host at the BEAT FM in March 2009. In less than three years she has become very popular with the weekday show ‘Morning Rush’ which she co-anchors with Olisa Adibua.

No comments:

Post a Comment