The Billboard Top 100 of 1989

In 1989, Arsenio Hall became the first African American to host a nightly talk show, the Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred in Alaska, and Rob Lowe was spotted in a sex tape with an underage girl.

Here are the first 50 songs of the Billboard Top 100 of 1989:

1.) “Look Away” - Chicago

2.) “My Prerogative” - Bobby Brown

3.) “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” - Poison

4.) “Straight Up” - Paula Abdul

5.) “Miss You Much” - Janet Jackson

6.) “Cold Hearted” - Paula Abdul

7.) “Wind Beneath My Wings” - Bette Midler

8.) “Girl You Know It’s True” - Milli Vanilli

9.) “Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley (Free Baby)” - Will to Power

10.) “Giving You The Best That I Got” - Anita Baker

11.) “Right Here Waiting” - Richard Marx

12.) “Waiting For a Star to Fall” - Boy Meets Girl

13.) “Lost in Your Eyes” - Debbie Gibson

14.) “Don’t Wanna Lose You” - Gloria Estefan

15.) “Heaven” - Warrant

16.) “Girl I’m Gonna Miss You” - Milli Vanilli

17.) “The Look” - Roxette

18.) “She Drives Me Crazy” - Fine Young Cannibals

19.) “On Our Own” - Bobby Brown

20.) “Two Hearts” - Phil Collins

21.) “Blame It on the Rain” - Milli Vanilli

22.) “Listen to Your Heart” - Roxette

23.) “I’ll Be There for You” - Bon Jovi

24.) “If You Don’t Know Be by Now” - Simply Red

25.) “Like a Prayer” - Madonna

26.) “I’ll Be Loving You (Forever)” - New Kids on the Block

27.) “How Can I Fall?” - Breathe

28.) “Baby Don’t Forget My Number” - Milli Vanilli

29.) “Toy Soliders” - Martika

30.) “Forever Your Girl” - Paula Abdul

31.) “The Living Years” - Mike + The Mechanics

32.) “Eternal Flame” - The Bangles

33.) “Wild Thing” - Tone Loc

34.) “When I See You Smile” - Bad English

35.) “If I Could Turn Back Time” - Cher

36.) “Buffalo Stance” - Neneh Cherry

37.) “When I’m with You” - Sheriff

38.) “Don’t Rush Me” - Taylor Dayne

39.) “Born to Be My Baby” - Bon Jovi

40.) “Good Thing” - Fine Young Cannibals

41.) “The Lover in Me” - Sheena Easton

42.) “Bust a Move” - Young MC

43.) “Once Bitten, Twice Shy” - Great White

44.) “Batdance” - Prince

45.) “Rock On” - Michael Damian

46.) “Real Love” - Jody Watley

47.) “Love Shack” - The B-52’s

48.) “Every Little Step” - Bobby Brown

49.) “Hangin’ Tough” - New Kids on the Block

50.) “My Heart Can’t Tell You No” - Rod Stewart

In order to complete this trip back in time, I’ve posted the music videos for Will to Power’s “Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley (Free Baby),” Warrant’s “Heaven,” Roxette’s “The Look,” Simply Red’s “If You Don’t Know Be by Now,” Madonna’s “Like a Prayer,” Martika’s “Toy Soliders,” Paula Abdul’s “Forever Your Girl,” Neneh Cherry’s “Buffalo Stance,” Taylor Dayne’s “Don’t Rush Me,” Fine Young Cannibals’ “Good Thing,” Sheena Easton’s “The Lover in Me,” Great White’s “Once Bitten, Twice Shy,” and Michael Damian’s “Rock On” above (Just click on the next button or the videos tab at the top of this article). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Very good web site, great work and thank you for your service.
    I will know, I thank for the information. this bite the hand that feeds you
    [url=http://xerobib.comoj.com/page-19.html]school educational software[/url]

    Take Care,

    ReplyDelete