NOLLYWOOD ACTOR McSMITH OCHENDO RECEIVES DEATH THREATS FOR SAYING THAT GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE THE CAUSE OF DEATHS IN NOLLYWOOD

After Nollywood actor cum musician Mcsmith Ochendo explained to Nollywoodgossip Why there are so many deaths in Nollywood, he has been receiving death threats from every angle. But the fearless entertainer is not a man easily intimidated by anonymous phones calls and threatening messages, in fact, he came out swinging harder.

Ochendo, who traced his long standing battle with the industry to his outspokenness, says:

“They call with private numbers. They threatened my life after I gave you last interview. I guess they are afraid that I’ll expose a lot of things, just like I did before when I took our actresses to the cleaners some years ago. Then I called them cheap prostitutes, because they normally go to London to warm the beds of little boys for 400 pounds. That statement generated a lot of noise and what followed thereafter were vicious attacks from the so-called A-list actresses.

“I weathered the storm. I came out victorious. My middle name is controversy.

“Because I speak the truth all the time, that’s why they don’t want to give me roles again. How can they pay me N300, 000 when they pay stylists turned actors from Ghana in dollars? They’ll put the Ghanaians in 5-star hotels and want to put us [Nigerians] in N4, 500 hotels. And if you protest they’ll say you’re a stubborn person.

“When I look at the lukewarm attitude of some of our moviemakers, my heart bleeds and I weep for this industry that has brought me fame and small fortune. Nollywood should be run by experts and not mediocre – this has been the bane of Nollywood. Mediocrity has taken the front seat, while professionalism has been relegated to the background.”

No comments:

Post a Comment