NICKI MINAJ COVERS VIBE MARCH 2012

With just over a month until the release of her much-awaited sophomore album, Nicki Minaj continues to grab up the spotlight - with her efforts recently finding her garner cover duties for the March 2012 issue of Vibe.

The "Roman's Holiday" hitmaker showed off her unique style while decked out in a Marchesa Crown dress and Marianna's jewelry for the Erik Ian shot front page.

Meanwhile, highlights from Miss Minaj's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Vibe!

On what has provided her so much confidence:
"I don't know, probably a collection of different things. I couldn't really sum it up into one thing. I just know that I'm having a lot more fun this time."

On being a perfectionist while trying to meet a deadline:
"Actually, I'm writing 10 times quicker than I wrote on the first album because I'm a lot more confident in who I am. We've just been trying to piece things so that the album comes out at the right time. The music is pretty much done, but we may hold the album back a bit so that things are done perfectly as opposed to being rushed, in terms of promotion."

On trying to get her way in the music industry as a woman:
“It’s not hard to get your way when it’s your way or the highway. People either follow suit or they’re not around. I don’t really like the sound of that, ‘cause that sounds like a temper tantrum. I’m just very black and white when it comes to my business. There’s really no gray area. I really don’t have a lot of small talk with people I work with. It’s pretty much let’s get the job done.”

On staying aggressive without worrying about hurting people's feelings:
"I find that people in this business who walk around getting their feelings hurt don't deserve to be in the business. So I really don't lose sleep over it. The people I work with the best are people who understand that there are gonna be moments in this game where an artist is probably going to passionately expressed themselves and those things shouldn't be taken personal. I think when people understand that, they'll never get their feelings hurt. And on the other side of that, I am very sensitive to people's feelings. So if I see I'm hurting someone's feelings by being straight up, I would rather not work with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment