My father died of HIV AIDS – Big Brother Amplified winner, Karen Igho


MNET Nigeria presented current Big Brother Amplified co-winner Karen Igho to the press at Planet One, Ikeja, and below are excerpts from Karen’s statements at the press conference:

I don’t really know my father. He married my mother at a very young age but now he is dead. He died of HIV AIDS. I am not ashamed to say it. I wish I saw him to ask him questions, to ask him why he blamed me for things I didn’t do. I didn’t get the chance to tell him I loved him.

The journey wasn’t an easy one. Whatever anyone said about me, good or bad, I thank you and I say one love. I had no strategy unlike what most people think. I was just myself.

My boobs were never a strategy, when I discovered I had lumps in my breasts, I had removed them and had the boob job done to prevent any further occurrence. It’s funny how my mother got to hear on the show. My 17-year-old sister recently discovered lumps in her breasts too’.

 ‘I want people to know that the disease is real. I am going to use part of my winnings to do a massive campaign about this disease.

I didn’t know I was going to win even though I didn’t see anybody as my competitor. My head was straight. I saw everybody as potential winner. That is why we were in the house in the first place. Anyways, we are all stars.’

Karen won $200 000.

No comments:

Post a Comment