Adele Battles Laryngitis, Cancels US Tour


English singer-songwriter Adele has cancelled her ten-city US tour due to a laryngitis infection she is battling with. Doctors diagnosed an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx; characterized by hoarseness or loss of voice and coughing.

Guys, I’m heartbroken and worried to tell you that yet again I’m experiencing problems with my voice. It’s ridiculous I know! I can’t believe it myself. I follow all the advice I’m given and stick to regimes, rules and practices to the best of my ability but it seems to simply not be enough’, the 23-year-old singer wrote on her blog www.adele.tv/blog.

The tour which scheduled to commence on Friday, October 7 2011 and run through till October 21 in six different states has been postponed indefinitely.

I will be back and I’m gonna smash the ball out the park once I’m touring again. I apologise from the bottom of my heart, sincerely I do. I know it’s not only disappointing because of the show, but its plane tickets, hotel bookings, birthdays, anniversaries and time wasted. But please have faith in me that this is the only thing i can do to make sure i can always sing and always make music for you to the best of my ability. Truly yours and yours only forever Adele’, the singer who was obviously sad wrote in her last post.

Adele won the award for ‘Best R&B / Soul Act’ at the recently held MOBO Awards 2011 in Glasgow, Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment