NECK INJURY FORCES JASON DERULO TO CANCEL FEBRUARY TOUR


US singer Jason Derulo has cancelled his upcoming tour, after fracturing his neck in an acrobatic move during rehearsals.

Derulo, 22, was trying to pull off the move but missed, landing and falling on his neck, causing an ‘acute fracture of his vertebra’. He was immediately rushed to the Memorial West Hospital in Pembroke Pines, Florida, where it was revealed that he just narrowly missed being paralyzed in the incident.

The singer told fans about the accident on Twitter, posting a picture of him in a neck brace and hospital gown stating that, ‘I fractured my neck doing tumbling & acrobatics 4 tour! Always tryin 2 push boundaries 4 YOU! Like my new chain?  ’, @jasonderulo tweeted.

The singer’s label, Beluga Heights, on his behalf issued a statement about the incident, which read, ‘To all my fans who planned to come to the ‘Future History’ world tour, the pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury I’ve sustained. My fans mean everything to me, so I’m praying for a speedy recovery in order to perform for you in the near future.’

The tour, named after his second album ‘Future History’, which dropped in September, was slated to kick off in Glasgow on February 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment