NNEKA APPOINTED ARTS AMBASSADOR

Nigerian-German singer Nneka Egbuna has been appointed Ambassador for the Arts by the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) in a ceremony held at the AWDF House in Accra, Ghana.

‘I feel good; I feel it is another way to get my message out there. It compliments my music and the consciousness within my music. It is a way to share my music and empower people, empower women and empower the youth. My songs raise awareness about issues that the African Women’s Development Fund also addresses, so it’s a good partnership’ says the singer who’s getting set to take her musical offerings to American fans with live performances of her songs at Gramercy Theatre, New York on March 27, 2012.

Meanwhile, the singer, whose musical career is steadily on the rise, on Wednesday, February 22, 2012, released a new video for her single ‘Shining star’ (featuring Black Thought of The Roots), off her upcoming album, ‘Soul heavy’.

Although she’s yet to get the big break back home and abroad, Miss Egbuna has garnered worldwide accolades and attention, due to the conscious and politically charged themes of her music; and, remarkably, she has worked with a growing number of international acts including Nas, Talib Kweli, and Damien Marley.

No comments:

Post a Comment