DAVID BECKHAM CARRIES THE OLYMPIC FLAME

 Completing one of the most recognized tasks around the world, David Beckham carried the Olympic torch to the Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose in Cornwall, England yesterday afternoon (May 18).

The British soccer star took part in the torches’ presentation as it begins its relay today (May 19), which will take it on an 8,000-mile journey across England with a detour to visit the Irish capital of Dublin. It will culminate in the flame being brought to the Olympic Stadium for the opening of the Games on July 27.

"This is a big acceleration of the heartbeat," London Mayor Boris Johnson said as he summed up the moment. "This is the final furlong for us."

Although the 37-year-old heartthrob has never competed in the Olympic games, he is definitely interested adding, “Obviously, I'd love to. I've always made it clear that I love representing my country. I've done that quite a few times."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment