Amy Winehouse: In Process of Adopting 10-Year-Old St. Lucia Girl

The late Amy Winehouse was readying to adopt a 10-year-old girl from St. Lucia at the time of her death, the girl and her grandmother told a UK paper. 

          Dannika Augustine says she met Amy during one of her long visits to the Caribbean island over the past couple of years. Amy often went there for R&R. She says she was living in poverty with her single mom when Winehouse took an interest in her, and that the two remain close from that point on. Dannika tells The Sunday Mirror, "Amy was already my mother." "I would call her mum and she would call me her daughter. She took care of me and we had fun. I loved her and she loved me ... She was the most amazing person and I was looking forward to living with her here or in London."

"This is the worst thing that ever happened to me." This is not a tabloid fabrication. Dannika's grandmother, Marjorie, says she was on  board with this plan, and she spoke to Amy a few weeks ago about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment