OLIVIA MUNN COVERS OCEAN DRIVE MAY/JUNE 2012

With her new movie "Magic Mike" set to hit theaters on June 29th, Olivia Munn pitched in on promotions by gracing the cover of the May/June 2012 issue of Ocean Drive magazine.

The 31-year-old actress looked elegant in Gucci and Louis Vuitton ensembles for the Brian Bowen Smith shot spread while opening up about topics including her upcoming male stripper based film and trying to be an easy-going person.

Highlights from Miss Munn's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Ocean Drive!

On her character Joanna in 'Magic Mike':
“Like her, I don’t like to be forced into anything, particularly a forced intimacy. As Joanna says, ‘Sometimes you’re the girl and I’m the guy.’ I love that she pushes against the stereotype, that she refuses to stay within the box that people, especially other women, want to put her in. Joanna doesn’t shy away from all the parts of herself, including her sexuality. And neither do I.”

On life lessons that her mother has passed on to her:
“My mom was blunt. ‘Don’t get pregnant.’ ‘Don’t do drugs.’ But she also said just as often, ‘Always make a name for yourself, don’t just become someone’s wife.’ That’s how she influenced me. I work really hard to come up on my own merits.”

On not taking life so seriously:

“I think people downplay just how important it is to be entertaining. Especially in this day and age. We need to laugh, we need an escape from what is going on. It’s always been a lifesaver for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment